The Energy Community Secretariat is one of the institutions set up under the Treaty establishing the Energy Community (the "Treaty"). The Energy Community is an international organisation with its seat in Vienna. The Secretariat has overall monitoring, coordinating and administrative functions in regard with the implementation of the Treaty.
In parallel to the contracted/seconded positions, the Energy Community Secretariat offers a limited number of internships for persons who wish to acquire an understanding of the Energy Community’s work or gain experience in the field of their studies / work.
Electricity Expert at Eastern Partnership Assistance Unit (ref. ECS/02/EP/2018) Vacancy notice
- Opening date
-  2 October 2018
- Closing date
-  2 November 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit/Deputy Head of Unit, the Electricity Expert shall be responsible for the following scope of activities within the implementation of the EU4ENERGY project (‘the project”):
- Contribute to the design of the project, countries specific work programs and reports;
- Assist partner countries, in particular in the preparation and adoption of relevant primary and secondary legislation in the field of electricity in cooperation with Electricity Unit of the Secretariat;
- Coordinate activities of the consultants in the electricity sector under the Project.
- Assist in identification/development of key energy infrastructure strategic projects in the Eastern Partnership Countries;
- Advise in transferring European best practices in implementation and contribute to the integration of partner countries’ electricity markets with the European electricity market where applicable;
- Provide expertise on electricity market related issues;
- Promote work of the Secretariat and the project in the relevant field at conferences, workshops and meetings;
- Draft information for regular updates of the Energy Community webpage;
- Performance of any other tasks as requested by the Head of Unit/Deputy Head of Unit or the Directors.
Internship Opportunity (Internship/05-2018/EU4Energy) Vacancy notice
- Opening date
-  1 October 2018
- Closing date
-  22 October 2018
Objective: The Intern will gain first hand insight into the Energy Community activities related to the implementation of the Treaty and the EU4Energy Governance Project* across a wide range of activities.
Scope of work (non-exhaustive):
- Assistance to the EPA Unit and experts of the Secretariat in drafting acts required for the Contracting Parties in implementing the Energy Community acquis on gas in particular in the field of the technical assistance in the development of methodologies for the determination of gas transmission (entry-exit) and distribution tariffs and,
- Promotion and development of relations with the stakeholders such as ministries, regulatory authorities, Transmission System Operators, National Statistical Institute and energy agencies in Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova;
- Assistance in the implementation of the EU4Energy Governance Project in the beneficiary countries (namely Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova),
- Reviewing secondary legislation and editing of reports in framework of the activities of the Energy Community Secretariat;
- Performance of any other tasks as requested by the Head of Unit/Deputy Head of Unit or the Director of the Energy Community Secretariat.