The Energy Community Distribution System Operators in Electricity (ECDSO-E) Coordination Group was informally established and supported by the Secretariat in 2014. On 29 November 2018, the 16th Ministerial Council adopted a Procedural Act on the establishment of the ECDSO-E Coordination Group.
ECDSO-E provides the format for discussion of all questions pertinent to DSO operation and functioning related to implementation of provisions of the Energy Community Treaty. ln particular its tasks will be:
- to facilitate and harmonize the implementation of the Directive 2009/72/EC and Directive 2005/89/EC and to elaborate guidance documents where necessary;
- to follow up conformity of practices, processes and activities in the field relevant for DSO operation and issue assessments and official positions;
- to discuss and, where appropriate, to develop a common view on issues to be discussed and agreed upon in the ECDSO-E and to be presented to other stakeholders;
- to support individual DSOs in the implementation of their tasks and obligations agreed upon by ECDSO-E and to coordinate related activities where appropriate;
- to follow up development of new rules and regulations and issue recommendations for implementation;
- to support DSOs in the management of transition (guidelines, recommendations of best practices, peer to peer consultations).
Membership in the ECDSO-E Coordination Group is defined as follows:
- representatives of all interested DSO from the Energy Community, including Observers and Participants to the EnC Treaty, nominated to the Group;
- experts and officials of the Secretariat and the European Commission;
- representatives of other stakeholders nominated to liaise with the ECDSO-E or invited by the Chairperson or by the Secretariat.
ECDSO-E nominates and appoints a Chairperson and two Vice Chairpersons for a period of two years. The ECDSO-E is presently chaired by:
- Chair: Sasho SALTIROVSKI
- Co-chair: Georg KARAGUTOFF
- Co-chair: Ivan GELYUKH
One expert appointed by the Secretariat shall be the Moderator of ECDSO-E activities.
Participation of the DSOs from the Energy Community in the ECDSO-E is voluntary.
The operational structure of the ECDSO-E comprises
- The ECDSO-E Coordination Group plenary
- ECDSO-E Task Forces
- Technical Networks.
ECDSO-E Coordination Group
The plenary meets when considered necessary upon a motion of the Chairperson of ECDSO-E, the Secretariat, or at least one third of ECDSO-E's members. It normally convenes twice a year.
Established for well-defined tasks, the Task Forces report to ECDSO-E at each meeting. There is to be a predetermined terms of reference with a clear time frame for each task.
The following four task forces are presently operational.
- DSO2TSO - SmartEnC / convenor: Dalibor MURATOVIĆ
- Quality of service / convenor: Ranko VUKOVIĆ
- Network tariffs / convenor: Georg KARAGUTOFF
- Integration of Prosumers / convenor: Sasho SALTIROVSKI
Established to stimulate discussion and harmonisation in selected technical fields, Technical Networks operate by suitable electronic means and are moderated by the Secretariat.
At present one technical network group operates within the ECDSO-E: Compliance Officers Network with Andrija VUKAŠINOVIĆ acting as the convenor.
Energy Community Distribution System Operators Coordination Platform
To enhance the interaction, a external Energy Community Distribution System Operators Coordination Platform (ECDSO-E) was set up by the Secretariat in March 2014. Follow the relaunch of the Secretariat's website, a new, external platform was established in 2018.
Parallel to experience sharing, the platform is to ensure adequate reflection of DSOs´ positions in the ongoing policy debates. It aims to provide a deeper insight of the roles and obligations of DSO. It is essential that a common understanding on how these obligations can at best be achieved prevails. To reflect the business interests, the platform is to define common position of DSOs, to formulate assessments and recommendations, whenever appropriate.
The platform has members from all Contracting Parties, but Moldova DSO, and is organised in six private discussion groups. To join you necessitate logins and a group membership. Write to us, should you be interested in getting involved.