The Energy Community Distribution System Operators in Electricity (ECDSO-E) Coordination Group was informally established and supported by the Secretariat in 2014. On 29 November 2018, the 16th Ministerial Council adopted a Procedural Act on the establishment of the ECDSO-E Coordination Group.
About the ECDSO-E group
ECDSO-E provides the format for discussion of all questions pertinent to DSO operation and functioning related to implementation of provisions of the Energy Community Treaty.
ECDSO-E's 2023 activities can be grouped under four headings consisting of the following, core tasks:
- Guideline for smart grids development strategy.
- Sharing of best practices for LV and MV grid automation.
- Position paper related to critical elements, such as
- Regulatory flexibility in crisis
- Fair and balanced treatment in Incentive based regulation
- Bonus and malus scheme
MANAGING ENERGY TRANSITION – LEGAL & REGULATIONS
- Accessing the applicability and status of implementation of legal novelties of Clean Eenrgy Package in the Contracting Parties.
- Compilation of a report on the regulatory framework of the Contracting Parties and the EU legislation.
- Best practice guide / experience sharing
Membership in the ECDSO-E Coordination Group is defined as follows:
- representatives of all interested DSOs from the Energy Community, including Observers and Participants to the Energy Community Treaty, nominated to the Group;
- experts and officials of the Secretariat and the European Commission;
- representatives of other stakeholders nominated to liaise with ECDSO-E or invited by the Chairperson or by the Secretariat.
ECDSO-E nominates and appoints a Chairperson and two Vice Chairpersons for a period of two years. The ECDSO-E is presently chaired by:
- Chair: Givi Jgarkava
- Co-chair: Sasho Saltirovski
- Co-chair: Saša Stefanović
Secretariat appointed two experts to coordinate and support ECDSO-E activities:
- Milka Mumović
- Davor Bajs
Participation of the DSOs from the Energy Community in the ECDSO-E is voluntary.
The operational structure of ECDSO-E comprises:
- The ECDSO-E Coordination Group plenary;
- ECDSO-E Task Forces; and
- Technical Networks.
ECDSO-E Coordination Group
The plenary meets when considered necessary upon a motion of the Chairperson of ECDSO-E, the Secretariat, or at least one third of ECDSO-E's members. It normally convenes twice a year.
- Task force for Smart grids, convener Dalibor Nikolić
- Task force for Energy transition, convener Yan Tsymbalyuk
- Task Force for Network tariffs, convener Kristine Tsereteli
- Task Force for Network planning, convener Sidorela Dodaj
Technical networks (Compliance Officers network, Quality of supply, Data hub) are encouraged to continue cooperation on ad hoc and informal basis via ECDSO-E platform.
To enhance interaction, an external Energy Community Distribution System Operators Coordination Platform (ECDSO-E) was set up by the Secretariat in March 2014. Following the relaunch of the Secretariat's website, a new, external platform was established in 2018.
Parallel to experience sharing, the platform is to ensure adequate reflection of DSOs´ positions in the ongoing policy debates. It aims to provide a deeper insight of the roles and obligations of DSOs. It is essential that a common understanding of how these obligations can best be achieved prevails. To reflect business interests, the platform is to define common positions of DSOs and formulate assessments and recommendations, whenever appropriate.
The platform has members from all Contracting Parties, but the Moldovan DSO, and is organised in six closed discussion groups. To join, you necessitate logins and a group membership. Write to us, should you be interested in getting involved.