Priorities under the Serbian Presidency
At the 18th Ministerial Council, Serbia took over the Energy Community presidency from Montenegro and expressed its willingness 'to give a new impetus to the development, or rather change, of the energy sector in the region'. During its presidency (01.01.2021 - 31.12.2021), Serbia will advocate decarbonisation together with other following objectives:
- decarbonisation of the energy sector towards complete neutrality in 2050, including relevant aspects of energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources:
- development of the Contracting Parties' Climate and Energy Plans and the definition of their 2030 targets;
- the transposition of the Emission Trading Scheme;
- the introduction of a carbon tax system.
- the establishment of a common market in the fields of electricity and natural gas;
- the establishment of mandatory stocks of crude oil and petroleum products;
- the development of energy infrastructure.
Deputy Prime Minister
Ministry of Mining and Energy
Energy Community Presidency in Office 2021