The Ukraine Energy Support Fund in August

21 September 2023

The Ukraine Energy Support Fund, managed by the Energy Community Secretariat, raised additional €25,270,07 from Sweden during the month of August to aid in the restoration and maintenance of Ukraine's energy infrastructure. Sweden thereby makes a significant contribution to the Fund's mission to repair and strengthen Ukraine's energy infrastructure, which has been damaged in the wake of Russian attacks. Its donations are specifically directed towards initiatives that prioritize electricity grid restoration, resilient and sustainable renewable energy solutions, and uphold principles of gender equality 

In August, equipment worth over €5 million was procured. This equipment, including disconnectors, transformers, vehicles, devices, and other essential equipment, is pivotal for strengthening Ukraine's energy sector. The main benefiting sector of this support was again the electricity system, which received 90% of the assistance, with the remaining 10% allocated to combined heat and power plants.  

The Ukraine Energy Support Fund was established to provide financial support for repairing Ukrainian energy infrastructure damaged by Russian attacks and to maintain the functioning of the energy sector. It is managed by the Energy Community Secretariat and receives significant contributions from governments, international organizations, and corporate donors. To date, the fund has raised a total of €220 million and has already procured equipment worth €40 million, contributing to the ongoing reconstruction efforts. 

In Scope:

  • Ukraine Ukraine