IPA 2018 AD: "Clean Energy for Kosovo" Implementation of Dust & NOx reduction measures on both Kosovo B1 and B2 units
Short description of the overall project
The overall objective of the project is to help Kosovo to meet the requirements of Energy Community Treaty by improving the quality of emissions from Kosovo B TPP in line to Large Combustion Plant and Industrial Emission Directives requirements regarding the dust (< 20 mg/Nm3) and NOx emissions (< 200 mg/Nm3).
This Project will be implemented through a direct management (works and service contracts). The Action is proposed to be co-financed between the EU and Kosovo with roughly equal share (parallel co-financing will be used) either through International Financial Institutions/IFIs and/or Kosovo's budget. PRAG procedures will be used for the management of co-financing funds as well.
The service contract to prepare the tender dossier for the works including all necessary assistance during the tendering, evaluation phase of the works will be contracted under a separate Technical Assistance contract financed by EU.
The works on both generation units of Kos B TPP are scheduled to be implemented in two subsequent years (2020 and 2021).
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The scope of the project (TA and the works) includes the following activities and works but is not limited to:
- Preparatory activities:
- Completion of the Tender Dossier including the preliminary design, functional specification, the budget breakdown and all other necessary documents.
- Tendering of the works and signature of the works contract/s.
- Upgrading activities (only main activities are listed):
- Necessary engineering works including a detailed design as per "Design and Build" requirements;
- Equipment procurement, manufacturing and factory testing;
- Repairing and strengthening existing concrete dust filters (Electrostatic Precipitators/ESPs) foundation structure and extend it to fit with the enlarged new dust filters;
- Replacement of the existing dust filters/ESPs including the ash internal transport system;
- Implementation of the system for reduction of NOx emissions including all necessary modifications needed;
- Commissioning and acceptance testing and handing over to the final beneficiary;
- Post implementation activities, i.e. activities during the defect identification period;
- Implementation of on-the-job training by the works contractor in operation and maintenance of the facilities installed.
Under a separate TA contract, the EU will ensure the supervision of all works including the co-financing works.