Reforms in Energy Efficiency in Ukraine
Short description of the overall project
Ukraine is seeking to reduce its very high energy consumption, which puts a serious strain on the public budget, businesses and the population. The reforms which are urgently needed to achieve this goal, and which are also required as the country moves towards closer integration with the European Union, have been instigated but are making only very slow progress.
The project supports the responsible Ukrainian institutions, in particular the Ministry for Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services and the State Agency of Ukraine for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, in three interlinked fields of action:
- Policy advisory services
- Implementation of reforms
- Information and dialogue in the political decision-making process
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The project provides technical information for all parties involved in the energy efficiency reform process. It provides policy advice on selected reform processes. It develops action plans and instruments for the Ministry for Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services and the State Agency of Ukraine for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving: for example, to establish a system to monitor the energy efficiency of the public building stock.
- Support and delivery of consultations to draft laws and regulations (within the framework of implementation of Article 5 and 8 of the EED)
- Implementation of Article 5 of EU Directive "On Energy Efficiency"
- Implementation of Article 8 of EU Directive "On Energy Efficiency"
- Trainings and other educational activities