Promotion of Renewable Energy in Bosnia and Herzegovina (ProRE)
Short description of the overall project
By supporting the improvement of the legislative and regulatory framework for renewable energy and developing new market-based and target-oriented incentive schemes, the project aims to make the renewable energy sector more attractive to private and public sectors, local and international investors.
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The project focuses on technical support in the following three main areas:
- Policy framework (strategic documents and decision-making, energy data, sector coordination)
- Regulatory Framework (improvement of administrative procedures for licensing and permitting with a focus on the small hydro power sector, harmonisation of the regulatory framework)
- Financing Renewable Energy (introduction of marked-based support schemes, prosumer and community energy schemes, innovative business models and technology concepts for renewable energy)
In each area, the project conducts supporting activities through:
- Policy advice to public sector institutions and established working groups on the government level,
- Capacity building for the private and the public sector
- Tools, instruments, study reports, potential and costs analysis, legislative, regulatory and contractual framework related to the mentioned fields.
The project also supports the creation of platforms, networks and other initiatives by and for the relevant actors in the energy sector, including policy makers and energy experts.