Serbia - Technical assistance to AERS-approximation of NRA tasks to the third energy package
Short description of the overall project
The overall objective of the contract will be to contribute to the security of supply, more competitive energy market, sustainable energy development, alignment of policy enforcement, monitoring and harmonisation of national legislation with the EU Energy acquis.
The purpose of this contract is as follows: regulatory policies, mechanisms and operational practices implemented in compliance with the best regulatory practice and applicable provisions of the Energy Community law comprising 3rd Package of EU Internal Energy Market legislation, Infrastructure Package and applicable Network Codes.
Short description of activities financed by the donation
- Result 1: Regulatory instruments required for discharging NRA tasks as per the applicable EU acquis developed.
- Result 2: Regulatory mechanisms supporting investment in electricity and natural gas networks developed.
- Result 3: Market monitoring and enforcement function of AERS upgraded.
- Result 4: Staff for discharging of new regulatory tasks trained.
- Result 5: Inputs for programming development of the integrated information system of AERS in line with rules applicable for IPA II service projects prepared.