Moldova - Support to the Modernisation of the Energy Sector
Short description of the overall project
The objective of the “Support to Modernisation of the Energy Sector” is to support Moldova in the reform of its Energy sector with a view to ensure higher efficiency and higher Energy security and also to support the implementation of the commitments Moldova has undertaken as a Contracting Party to the Energy Community and in the framework of the EU- Moldovan Association Agreement.
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The Project has five components mainly focusing on the following:
- Reinforcement of capacities of Moldovan Institutions in charge of the Energy sector for them to implement comprehensive and sustainable energy policy;
- Reinforcement of capacities of Moldovan Institutions for them to accelerate implementation of energy interconnection projects;
- Reinforcement of capacities of Moldovan Institutions in charge of the Energy sector to ensure that the RoM fulfils all its international commitments in the sector;
- Reinforcement of the transparency of the Energy market with a view to improve its efficiency and improve price-competitiveness of the Energy provided to citizens;
- Provision of support to the Energy Efficiency Fund (EEF) for it to become a fully sustainable institution contributing with success to the reinforcement of Energy Efficiency in the country;
- Reinforcement of electricity transmission system and strengthening of the capacities to prepare the ground for proper interconnection with EU electricity market;
- Reinforcement of Energy Planning capacities to ensure that the RoM can prepare and implement the most relevant policies in the Energy sector.