Construction of biomass based heating plant including a cogeneration unit in Gjakova/Djakovica
Short description of the overall project
This project is for design and construction of a new heating plant with cogeneration in Gjakova including 15MWth capacity and electricity 1.5MWe, all based on biomass.
The works are contracted to Urbas GmbH (Austria) and supervision of work to Egis International. The construction permit and final authorisation for construction of the new heating plant are obtained in November 2019. The works will be completed by November/December 2020.
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The scope of the activities include:
- Engineering services, supply and installation of equipment and materials, construction works of a new heating plant including a cogeneration unit (herewith 'the plant') including the site preparation works, civil works, fuel storage, roads, pavement, fences, etc;
- Connecting the plant to the heating network, to the power grid, water and sewage system, telecommunication, etc.
- Tests on completion of the new plant and connection to the heating network;
- Training beneficiary staff for the operation and maintenance of the plant;
- Supporting in operation of the plant during the Defect Liability Period (DLP);
- Providing complete documentation to operate and maintain the plant;
- Supply of recommended spare parts and consumables;
- Preparation of development plan for the district heating company and preparation of tariff application.