Brief project description
Transbalkan corridor consists of the following infrastructure investment items in the first phase (till 2025):
• I New double circuit 400 kV overhead line (OHL) between SS Pancevo 2 (Serbia) and SS Resita (Romania),
• II New 400 kV OHL SS Kragujevac 2 – SS Kraljevo 3 (Serbia), with voltage level upgrade in SS Kraljevo 3 at 400 kV,
• III Upgrade of transmission network in Western Serbia at 400 kV voltage level between SS Obrenovac and SS Bajina Basta (Serbia), which implies new double 400 kV OHL SS Obrenovac – SS Bajina Basta, reconstruction of existing SS Obrenovac and SS Bajina Basta
• IV New 400 kV interconnection between Serbia, Bosnia and Hercegovina and Montenegro, which implies double 400 kV OHL between SS Bajina Basta (Serbia), SS Visegrad (BiH), SS Bistrica and SS Pljevlja (Montenegro).
This project is an integral part of building a strong electricity transmission corridor between east and west Europe with the following main features:
• Transbalkan corridor aims to strengthen the important regional and pan-European energy paths - from the northeast to the southwest and east to west.
• Transbalkan corridor coincides with three basic goals of EU energy policy; increasing of security of supply, integration of renewable energy generation and establishing internal electric energy market in Europe. It is part of ENTSO-E pan-European TYNDP and Regional Investment Plan of ENTSO-E.