Climate Sensitive Waste Management in Serbia – DKTI IMPACT
Short description of the overall project
The project provides assistance for capacity development in modern waste management policy and implementation over the medium term, 2018 -2020.
The main objective is to improve solid waste management practice in Serbia and contribute to climate change mitigation in line with circular economy approach. Political partner is the national ministry responsible for environmental protection.
Short description of activities financed by the donation
The activities of the project are looking to:
- improve the national/regional/local strategic framework for circular economy approaches in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by inadequate waste management;
- improve regional and local planning capacities and to introduce source separation schemes;
- build infrastructure for biodegradable waste reduction;
- develop regional recycling value chains;
- introduce CE business models for private sector;
- open the way to informal waste collectors’ integration and
- to create job opportunities in the sector, specifically for vulnerable population groups and women.