At its 41st plenary meeting, the Energy Community Regulatory Board (ECRB) set out its objectives and priorities for the upcoming year. The Work Programme 2019 includes the continuation of monitoring reports on gas and electricity wholesale and retail markets and transparency of the gas sector. A deeper focus will be put on the implementation of new acquis, in particular the Third Package gas and electricity network codes, and the provision of coordinated regulatory input to support electricity market coupling.
In addition, a newly created ECRB working group will deal with regulatory responsibilities related to the recently adopted Regulation on energy market integrity and transparency (REMIT). Regulators will also discuss how to best address challenges linked to new energy market developments such as prosumers or coordination between transmission and distribution system operators.
ECRB will also enhance its cooperation with other regional regulatory bodies such as ACER, CEER and MedReg as well as with the Energy Community coordination platforms for electricity and gas distributions system operators (ECDSO-E/-G).
At its Plenary meeting, ECRB also elected the chairpersons for its working groups for the period 2019-2020. Mrs Elena Stratulat (ANRE Moldova) will continue leading the ECRB gas activities, Mr Edin Zametica (SERC Bosnia and Herzegovina) will carry forward his role as chair of the customers and retails markets work and Mrs Milica Knezevic (RAE Montenegro) has been appointed to lead the ECRB activities in the electricity sector. The chairperson of the new REMIT working group is to be elected in early 2019.
- ECRB Work Programme 2019
- ECRB, Bi-Annual Monitoring Report on activities related to electricity cross-border transmission capacity in the Energy Community, January-June 2018
- ECRB, Wholesale Electricity Market Monitoring Report for the Energy Community Contracting Parties
- ECRB, Transparency of gas transmission system operators in the Energy Community Contracting Parties
- ECRB, Market Monitoring Capacities and Procedures of Energy Community Regulatory Authorities
- ECRB, Monitoring Report on the functioning of Gas and Electricity Retail Markets in the Energy Community
- ECRB, Quality of Gas Distribution and Supply Services in the Energy Community